Why Choose Us
Our expertise, experience and overall excellence has been recognised by external bodies. Both Liz and Richard are Fellows of the Faculty of Dental Trainers of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, the highest accolade awarded to Dental Educators. Richard is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Liz is also a Fellow. In carrying out a PhD in Clinical Education, Richard has researched the science of adult education and OTT continually develop our programmes and qualifications to enhance the learner experience.
Why Choose Us
Our teaching centres are accredited by the University of Warwick, who are ranked within the top 10 UK Universities and within the top 50 worldwide. We’re proud to say we’ve also been presented with the BDA Good Practice Award in recognition of our commitment to exceptional patient and student care and hold Investors in People recognition. We are also identified as Damon system specialist practices. Richard and Liz lecture and examine both in the UK and internationally on its exciting clinical advances.
OTT has many state of the art education and clinical facilities to boast about including 8 welcoming and comfortable surgeries; a fully equipped lecture theatre seating up to thirty students with an audio visual link to a treatment room within the centre, a Clinical skills laboratory with ten phantom heads which is also linked to the lecture theatre, video-conferencing allowing links to other similar facilities worldwide and a library with an extensive selection of journals and reference books. Computer and Internet access is available throughout the centre. Clinical facilities also include digital 3D cone beam, cephalometric and orthopantomograph radiography, an on-site orthodontic laboratory with technical support, staff common room and additional student support facilities. Our secure online system means students can confidentially log in to access courses and their own personal learning space.
- We do what we teach, so we know it works
- All teaching staff have been through the learner journey themselves, so they understand what it is like to be an OTT learner
- We choose qualifications and awarding bodies who we believe provide contemporary assessments and qualifications which fit well with dentistry today
- We won’t just provide you with the knowledge, we will teach you how to apply it in everyday practice
- We believe in the value of every member of the dental team
- Your education, our priority.